Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Plan

Hello there! My name is Alyssa and I will soon be 25 years old. I live in Kansas and work in City government. My husband Cale is a police officer. We own our house and have two dogs (Evie and Nemo). I love my family and my friends. My life is pretty incredible, but like every red blooded American female, I'm unhappy with my weight. I'm all about being a curvy girl, but I do need to get my weight under control and lose about 60 pounds.

So here's my plan. I will be eating relatively low carb (something that works for my metabolism) and focus on giving up sugar. My real challenge will be sticking to an exercise plan. So here's my brilliant idea. I have a nice elliptical in front of my TV. I figured I needed a show that could be my exercise show. Something that I only watch while exercising that will draw me in and make me look forward to getting on that elliptical. I have never seen an episode of LOST in my life, but it seems to be as addictive as black tar heroin to people. There are 121 episodes of LOST. If I watch one episode a day, 5 days a week, it will take me approximately 6 months to finish the series. That means that I will be done by the end of the year. My goal is to lose 40 pounds in that time. I will weigh in on Monday mornings and report my results here.

I will also use this blog to blog my reactions to LOST and write about anything that's on my mind. I'm sure no one will read this, but if you have any encouragement or advice, please send it my way!

No comments: